FINAL PROJECT MEETING
The meeting will host presenters from the S3NANO consortium groups and external invited speakers from academia and industry.
DATE & TIME
Thursday, 11 June 2015 - 08:50 - 17:00
HOW TO GET TO SHEFFIELD
Maps & travel advice.
CONFIRMED INVITED SPEAKERS
- Bernhard Urbaszek (Toulouse) - 2D semiconductors: Excitonic effects and Valley dynamics
- Friedemann Reinhard (TU Munich) - Nanoscale nuclear magnetic resonance studies using NV centers in diamond
- Maxim Makhonin (Sheffield) - Spin-photon interface for quantum optical circuits
- Huub Janssen from Janssen Precision Engineering on advanced nano-positioners technology
- Chris O’Kane from Andor Technology Ltd on latest developments in light detection
- Rudolf Neuhaus from Toptica on Photonics AG on latest developments in tunable diode lasers
- Andreas Waeber (Sheffield), 'Increased Nuclear Spin Coherence Times in InGaAs Quantum Dots under Multipulse NMR'
- Stefan Schwarz (Sheffield), 'Exciton-polaritons in van der Waals heterostructures embedded in tunable microcavities'
- David-Dominik Jarausch (Cambridge), 'Studying spin physics in novel materials with nanodiamonds'
- Benjamin Pingault (Cambridge), 'All-optical formation of coherent dark states of Silicon-Vacancy spins in diamond'
- Marco Rancic (Konstanz), 'Electric dipole spin resonance in quantum dots with a valley dependent g-factor. The role of valley relaxation'
- Anastasia Varlet (ETH), 'Tunable band structure in bilayer graphene: chirality and topology'
- Viktoriia Kornich (Basel), 'Voltage induced conversion of helical to uniform nuclear spin polarization in a quantum wire'
- Chris Lawson (Leiden Cryogenics), ‘Design and initial testing of a rapid sample exchange system with integrated demagnetization cooling stage’
- Timo Kaldewey (Basel), ‘Manipulation of Quantum States in a Quantum Dot with Chirped Pulses’
- Jakob Kammhuber (Delft), ‘Quantized conductance in InSb nanowires’
- Stefan Bogdanovic (Delft), 'Building a stable Fabry-Perot cavity'
- Feng Liu (Sheffield), 'Phonon-assisted ultrafast optical control of quantum dot exciton population'
Halifax Hall Hotel - boutique hotel is an elegant Victorian manor house within a few minutes’ walk from the meeting venue.
The Rutland Hotel - just under a mile from the meeting venue, nearer to the city centre.
Project Meeting - £65 (includes attendance at Project Meeting, lunch and refreshments).
Please note that accommodation is not included.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
Registration will open on 30 April 2015. Numbers are limited to 50.
You can register and pay using the University of Sheffield’s online store (link below) which works in the same way as any other online store (Amazon, Play, etc). You will receive confirmation of your payment (once the credit/debit card payment has successfully been processed).
Should you wish to cancel your booking, notice should be sent to email@example.com as soon as possible. If cancellation takes place within 28 days of the start date of 11 June 2015, by way of reasonable compensation, the following cancellation charges will apply –
Percentage of Price payable
Less than 14 days
Between 15 and 21 days
Between 22 and 28 days
More than 28 days
The Department of Physics and Astronomy
The University of Sheffield, Hicks Building, Hounsfield Road, Sheffield S3 7RH
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org